Saturday, January 1, 2011

All things New

A new year has dawned and I would like to touch on the unfortunate passing.
The era of Kodachrome. Yea it was over on the 30th of December. I did try to get the last of mine all shot before that date but in waiting for something that i felt was worthy, too much time passed. Some of my first paid assignments were shot on Kodachrome and although I made the transition to digital in 1999 and began to phase film out of my regular assignments I still used it on occasion when I felt that it (the assignment or subject) had to be more permanently archived.
When it was announced that Kodachrome would no longer be made I thought, no way will Photographers allow it to be halted.
When it was announced that Dwayne's photo would not process any more k14 after the end of 2010, I thought, well some one will.
Then it hit me this summer. I have over fifty rolls of the stuff and I have to use it. Now!

So I told myself that I needed to find a subject worthy of my last Kodachrome and shoot it up.

I don't have the last of the images scanned yet, or even back from Dwayne's yet but when I do i will post some of them here.

I wish all of you a happy new year following this wake for Kodachrome.

CJ


UPDATE:
Well, it has been several days into 2011 and still no sign of my finals rolls of Kodachrome. A short conversation with Dwaynes Photo and I find out that they were inundated with film at the end of the year and are still trying to get through all of it. Those images will be up here soon.

cj

No comments:

Post a Comment